Contact Us Staff Directions History Home
HISTORY OF OUR CHURCH
Saint Maurice Parish of Glenbrook, Connecticut was established October 19, 1935. The first Holy Mass was celebrated in the Julia A. Stark School by the newly appointed Pastor, Reverend James. J. Wilson. Mr. Charles C. Hickey and Mr. J. Joseph Ryan were appointed trustees Holy Mass was read at the Julia A. Stark School until May of 1936 when the Glenbrook Community Hall was secured for our religious services through the kindness of Doctor Samual J. Evers, Rector of the Union Memorial Church and his Board of Trustees. In the same month of May 1936 the Benedict property on Glenbrook Road was purchased as the site for our new Church.
To our beloved Bishop, the Most reverend Maurice F. McAuliffe, D.D. we are deeply indebted and sincerely grateful, for his permission and great help to obtain this beautiful property.
Through the generosity of our parishioners another House of God is raised, where we now worship at His Throne, to glorify His Name and sanctify our own souls. A living monument to the loyalty, devotion and good will of the good and noble people of Saint Maurice Church, Glenbrook, Connecticut.
The plans for the building were drawn by Polak and Sullivan of New Haven, Connecticut. Building erected by Vuono Construction Co. Stamford, Connecticut.